Saturday, October 20, 2007

Welcome to the meat market!

A pretty intriguing header I agree, but I think it perfectly qualifies what ou are about to witness: a crowd of shirtless men raiding an Abercrombie & Fitch store in Big Apple! Queer, aint it? Well, not quite I would say. A&F (= Abercrombie & Fitch), a self-confessed "all-American lifestyle clothing [company] for aspirational men and women," promotes a distorted image of the youth, especially young men. Just see for yourself. I grant you there's nothing wrong with using good-looking models to promote your product. Besides, Abercrombie and Fitch can't really be accused of using very young (= euphemism) models like CK (Mind you this guy, just like movie director Larry Clark, really has a weird fascination for skinny young teens "doing it" -- especially boys). Can you believe A&F has a shirtless male model standing at the front door -- I mean a real person!

Anyway, the YouTube video I embedded is really worth watching if a) you hate A&F like I do (probably because I'm nothing like those models), b) you want to see a huge company being ridiculed in a smart way and c) you like shirtless young men (which, to be honest, we all do to some extent ;) ).

No comments: